SPD, DPS respond to car collision on East Adams Street

Francis Tang | Asst. News Editor

One of the pedestrians was injured and said they had head and left knee pain. They were then transported to Crouse Hospital. The other pedestrian was uninjured.

The Syracuse Police Department and Syracuse University’s Department of Public Safety responded to a collision near SU’s Martin J. Whitman School of Management.

The incident occurred on East Adams Street between University Avenue and Walnut Place at around 5:30 p.m. Multiple SPD and DPS vehicles, an ambulance and a red Toyota Camry were on the scene by 5:45 p.m.

An SPD officer on the scene confirmed that there were injuries present at the incident. Lt. Matthew Malinowski, the SPD’s public information officer, confirmed that two pedestrians were hit by a car while crossing East Adams Street. The car was leaving the University Avenue Garage when the incident happened.

One of the pedestrians was injured and said they had head and left knee pain. They were then transported to Crouse Hospital, according to the SPD report. The other pedestrian was uninjured.

The driver claimed that they saw the pedestrians but didn’t believe the two would continue to cross the street, according to the police report. One of the pedestrians told the police that they were already in the middle of the street when the car left the garage.