Recruiting

Syracuse basketball recruiting: 5-star prospect Tyus Battle to visit SU after decommiting from Michigan

One of Syracuse’s top targets for the Class of 2016 is back on the market. Tyus Battle, the five-star shooting guard who stiff-armed the Orange for Michigan in early May, has re-opened his recruitment and will be on SU’s campus later Friday, multiple sources reported.

After committing to the Wolverines, Battle cancelled his May 22 official visit to Syracuse and it was reported that his recruitment was closed since Michigan was the final destination. It turns out that’s not the case for the No. 27 prospect in ESPN’s Class of 2016 rankings, and the 6-foot-6, 195-pound shooting guard now has an SU official visit to go on top of ones to Duke and Louisville.

He only has five available official visits and Syracuse will be his fourth, as he also toured Michigan before committing to head coach John Beilein. Battle would join lone 2016 commit Matthew Moyer, who has been active on Twitter in showing his favor for Battle coming to SU.

The Orange has eight scholarship offers out in the Class of 2016, including one to fellow shooting guard Kevin Huerter. Battle, a rising senior at Gill St. Bernard’s (New Jersey) School, also plays AAU ball for Team Final in Pennsylvania.